Saturday, February 15, 2014

Renaissance Festival

A Renaissance village in the middle of the desert, who would have expected!!
 
 
The crowd waiting in line to get in this morning.....
 
 
 "ladies" harassing the crowd as we file in...


shops after shops of wears being sold in the village


one of several of the shows performed



one of the courts men....


King and his Queen...



a tree....looks like he walked off the set of "Lord of the Rings"...


more of the village....


one of the town folk......I believe in this heat I'll take my attire rather than hers.....

 
 The Kings castle...


This guy was so good with the whip.....

I'm sorry but I'm not brave enough to let someone crack a whip at my head...


 
 and on fire.....no way....


this was a group of drummers.....pretty good...



In the kids area.....a slide....down and around the side of the building.....I doubt if the real medieval towns had that.....


they had several things for little ones....


an area of more realistic living from the times.....sure smelled good around there with the open fire and whatever they were cooking...


okay.....break time....it was only 86 today.....where's the shade!!



entertainment under every tree, I think...


good friends, enjoying another adventure...





trying to walk a tightrope...





and now we sit an enjoy a jousting event.....


the King and his son...


 
 the judge of the jousting....


this was our Knight for our section and he was TERRIBLE!!! Didn't accomplish a single feat....bummer.....


this was the defending Knight.......Sir Maximus....









we were amazed at the number of attendees who had no parts in the festival at all, but came dressed in costume....this is just a couple of them....


Jousting over and we are heading out....been a very interesting, but HOT day......


had to stop on the way out and listen to the harp....beautiful music....



 
 And the foursome had yet another great day ........I think we got photo bombed......

 
Tomorrow is church and then I believe we might RELAX......we say that and then about an hour into relaxing, Paul says "what we gonna do".....so who knows but it won't be anything too exhausting I'll tell you that much!!!  Blessings to all.  Continue to pray for melting.

No comments: