Monday, January 24, 2011

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!!

Well, we got here about 1:00 and Paul doesn't let any grass grow under our feet so by 2:30 we were down at the Alamo!!  Interesting place but a shame that it has to be right in the middle of the city.  We will more than likely be back in the area again this week but for now here's what we saw today!!

This is our campground.......a nice one not too far from downtown
 Waiting on a city bus.......my last!!!!!  I'll pay the parking fees.......a little rough.....scary!!
 Outside the Alamo.....a tribute wall


 Outside the Alamo....
 Paul managed to get a pic without anyone standing in front of it....

 A canon that fired the first shot that started the battle.....
This is a 140+ year old Oak tree inside the Alamo....

 Giant cactus inside the grounds around the Alamo

 The Buckhorn Saloon and Texas Ranger Museum entrance......didn't have time to go in an browse but Paul says he will be back .....might have to sit down in it and grab a drink/snack!!  AND I WONDER why I gain weight on these trips even though we are constantly on the go!!!


 Part of the Riverwalk which we'll explore tomorrow....
Well, that's it for today.  Hope to get some more tomorrow.  It was in the 60s and sunny here all day and I think suppose to be all week, so there should be plenty of picture taking goin on.  Take care, love and miss you all.  Blessings!!

No comments: