Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chinese Lantern Festival

The four of us ventured to the Chinese Lantern Festival last night.  At first we were a little skeptical about it, but once it was dark and they were lit up, they were beautiful!!  I hope you enjoy them....just don't expect me to be able to tell you what each one means!!
 

 
 I do remember this, since it is the Chinese year of the horse.











 
I do remember this is the god of longevity......

                                                   This is the god of luck....


                                                       the god of job and salary



The only bust was the food.  Cotton candy, caramel apples, kettle corn...not quite the Chinese we were thinking they would have.  There was a booth that had a little Chinese food, but by then it was really dark and cool, so we decided to find a restaurant and relax. Found a good ole cowboy bar and grill and enjoyed the rest of our evening.  Not sure what's on the agenda for next adventure but we are working on finding something.  Praying you all will soon have some relief from all the cold and snow.  Missing you....love you.

No comments: