Paul and I went to New Braunfels, TX yesterday and drove around and the visitor center sent us out to this area. Greune Historic District. It's suppose to be a little German area....but I wasn't quite sure why it was German other than the family that started it was German. It didn't really look like a German community, but we had fun walking around and checking things out.
this was a bed and b'fast home...had 30 rooms to rent...
this was called Greune Hall and it had a bar area and seating area with a band playing. Supposedly, George Strait, Lyle Lovett and Hal Ketchem got their starts here.....who knows....they can claim it I guess.
Well, guys. That is going to do it for this trip. We are heading home on Tues. and probably won't be doing any picture taking from here on. It has been soooo much fun this year. We've seen and done soooo much....none of which I would change or regret. When we stop and think about it all and check out the blog from the beginning it's hard to believe we did all of it in 2 months, but we did. Great memories were made. See you all soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment