Saturday, January 8, 2011

1st Day of New Orleans 2011

Our first day here in New Orleans was 68 and sunny!!  Eat your hearts Illinoisans...I here you had SNOW!!!
We took the ferry across the river to the city so this was while we were waiting our turn.

 Downtown.....beautiful street....
 One of the old cemeteries here...right in the middle of housing with a fence all around it....not all that nice, but they bury above ground so takes lots of room.

 One of the streets in the French Quarter.....a while down there is enough for me...will go back today during the day and hope the crazies are home sleeping last night off!!!

 Paul holding up Bourbon Street!!!  Really he hadn't had a thing to drink......yet!!  But he did find a spot for some fried oysters....yuk!!!



Me in front of Harrahs ....went in but was so stinky from cigarette smoke, I couldn't stay.....guess I've grown accustomed to our smoke free state!!
Onward we go....will keep you posted on this years journey!

No comments: